How to Apply
Online application: Tell us about you and why you’d be a great fit for the role!
Graduates will be placed in three major offices in the UK and Ireland:
Video interview: We know it can be nerve wracking having an interview, let alone having a recorded video interview, but don’t worry. The video interview is used to help us understand more about you, your motivation for this role, and demonstrate what you’ve researched about Marsh.
Online testing: We’re looking for graduates who can adapt their learning style, are flexible, and can think broadly. To help us assess this, we utilise an online general intelligence assessment. The assessment takes about 35 minutes to complete and has plenty of practice questions that aren’t timed. Make sure you use these to ensure you’re as prepared as possible for each different component.
Follow-up conversation: Here we’re keen to understand more about you and your individual interests, answer any questions you have, and make sure you’re comfortable with the next steps of the process.
1st assessment centre: The first assessment centre will involve a number of activities assessing your teamworking, presentation, communication, and influencing skills ― these are just some of the skills we’ll be looking to see from you.
Final stage assessment centre: Here you’ll have a formal panel style interview, complete a presentation, and participate in a networking event with our senior leadership team to help you showcase your achievements and learn as much about your future career as you want to know.
Offer: We’ll call you to confirm your offer and then email your contract to you. You’ll need to complete our background checking process prior to joining.
Start: You’ll complete a one-week induction in our London head office.
- Applications open – September 2016
- Applications close – 31 January 2017
- Glasgow Assessment Centre Stage 1 (for regional candidates) – 27 February 2017
- London Assessment Centre Stage 1 (for London candidates) – 6 March and 8 March 2017
- London Stage 2 Assessment Day (all candidates) – 22 March 2017
- Offers released – April 2017
- Day one of your career at Marsh – 2 October 2017
Visit your university’s career centre and tap into their resources and services to help you prepare. Especially helpful are CV reviews and mock interviews.
Research, research, research! Learn as much as you can about Marsh and how we work with our clients. We do not expect you to be an expert in risk and insurance but you should have a general understanding and interest in our industry.
- Conduct a self-analysis. Why are you interested in Marsh? What skills do you bring to the table?
- Dress appropriately.
- First impressions count. Don’t be afraid to show your personality and enthusiasm and be yourself.