Meet our Graduate
I work as an Associate Consultant within the Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) team. My role involves advising a variety of companies around the country to help them tackle some of their greatest risk challenges. MRC provides clients with strategic advice and innovative solutions across a wide range of insurable and non-insurable risks. Right from the start, I have been given significant responsibility in several different projects.
Typical jobs of a graduate in MRC include:
- Organising and attending client site visits. Conducting interviews with key stakeholders within the client to gain a better understanding of their business and risks.
- Working with a client’s senior management to identify the key strategic risks facing their organisation and clearly articulating these risks using a risk register. Graduates often work on projects which require them to gain a detailed understanding of the objectives of businesses and identify risks which could prevent them from achieving these objectives.
- Organising and facilitating workshops with clients to bring together a wide range of stakeholders to discuss risk themes, such as how to recover from possible incidents.
- Writing reports designed for senior management and boards of organisations, to provide an overview of the risks they face. These types of reports often go on to form the basis of our clients’ annual reports.
- Designing, developing and facilitating scenarios to test our clients’ ability to withstand risk events. These might include taking senior management teams through simulation exercises to test how they would respond to crises such as product recall events, terrorist attacks or supply chain failures.
- Support the sales team to win new clients and new projects.
You experience huge variety as a Junior Consultant at Marsh. For example, within my first year at Marsh I have worked with a huge variety of clients, from banks to airlines, and heavy industry manufacturers to significant retail groups. It is a brilliant place to kick-start your career as you are constantly challenged and can learn something new from every project and every client.