Meet our Graduate
As a client executive within Marsh’s Risk Management Practice (RMP), my role includes servicing FTSE 250 accounts; from international household names to global financial institutions, logistics corporations, and multinational conglomerates. With this comes significant responsibility. With experienced teams on hand for support, I’ve been lucky enough to manage multiple accounts as client executive within six months of joining Marsh, while acting as second client executive on several very large accounts.
A typical day in my role can include any of the following;
- Hosting a meeting with the client, Marsh brokers and the Marsh client adviser to set the strategy for the year ahead while facilitating any bespoke support your client needs.
- Going to visit the client’s site with a representative of the insurer to better understand the client’s business operations and facilitate a survey/site visit/manage meetings.
- Liaising with the client adviser team to ensure invoicing, administrative tasks, and general day-to-day queries are handled appropriately.
- Host weekly ‘Work-in-Progress’ calls both internally and externally.
- Handle day-to-day queries from the client and refer to specific placement brokers, claims support, or internal personnel for their views on how best to deliver a solution.
- Facilitate and host a ‘claims scenario test’ with the client and their insurer, to stress-test policies and review adequacy of current insurance cover.
- Support the drive to win a new piece of business, through reviewing and inputting in a tender proposal or joining the pitching team.
One of my clients needed significant support as they did not have an internal risk manager or any real knowledge of insurance. I reviewed the structure of the insurance policies in place on a global scale, and set the strategy for consolidation of 56 policies into just 14. The outcome of this was that I became an extension of the client’s team, becoming a trusted first port-of-call, and ultimately saving the client over £600,000. In a market where client competition is high, building a relationship such as this is absolutely vital and of real value to Marsh.
A client executive is a fantastic role to begin your insurance career. In today’s current market, ‘client is king’, so being close to the client while building genuine relationships will set you at a real advantage.